Spring has officially sprung! We couldn't be happier to be welcoming Spring 2021 in beautiful Greenwich, CT. Spring is a time of renewal, which has us ready to get organized for a productive and exciting Spring/Summer season. Here's a handy Apartment Spring Cleaning Checklist to get you started on your own spring cleaning this year!
- Bust the Dust: Now is the time to dust everything you usually forget to (or ignore ;)) Focus on vents, window sills, moldings, light fixtures, etc.
- Window Wash: When was the last time you washed your windows? Can't remember? Give those a good wash, and maybe even treat yourself to a few new sets of window treatments while you're at it.
- Closet Change Up: Do yourself a favor and switch out your winter clothes for spring/summer. Keep light sweaters and versatile winter to spring items accessible.
- Purge: Donate anything you haven't worn in two years...you won't miss it, and you will love the additional free closet space!
- Flip Your Mattress: Did you know this is something you should do every season? This simple step will increase the longevity of your mattress and will help you sleep better.
- Switch Your Bedding: Change out your winter bedding for your lighter summer linens.
- Vacuum and Shampoo Rugs: Shake your rugs and cushions out outside, and wax your wood floors too. Here's a great tutorial on how to shampoo your rugs properly.
- Clean Out Makeup Bags: Now is a great time to dump any old cosmetics, and wash your fabric makeup bags in the laundry.
Another way to refresh your apartment is to schedule a professional maid service to come in and do a deep cleaning. JLofts residents can always make a quick call to the concierge to easily schedule an apartment cleaning with our trusted resident cleaning staff. Just another reason why The JLofts is the best apartment community in the Fairfield County area!